Keep Fistral Fit!
A few tips from our fitness and wellness team
Ensure a well mind and body with tips from Sarah from our Fistral Fit Team
How to stay motivated when training.
- Set yourself a goal, make a plan to work towards and go for it! This will help you focus and stay on track, boosting your confidence along the way
- If you're not sure where to start, ask for some guidance. Message or set up a Skype call with a trainer who can support you in making a plan, teach you correct techniques and keep you on track
- Make "appointments" with yourself and schedule your workouts. If it is written down it is more likely to happen!
- Don't overdo it to begin with as you may burn out. Build up your activity progressively over time as this will be more sustainable long term
- Track your progress with photos, measurements, a distance you can run, a weight you can lift in a specific exercise. Monitoring progress and seeing your achievements will keep you motivated!
Simple weight management tips.
- Increasing your NEAT (non exercise activity thermogenesis to be technical) try activities such as cooking, gardening or cleaning that'll keep you active though smaller movements
- Set a step target of 10,000 steps every day, a little effort in meeting your step target goes a long way in keeping you fit and healthy. Hitting 10,000 steps a day can burn up to 500 calories!
- Take the opportunity for your one outside exercise a day; try a 30 minute brisk walk
- Get up and move around frequently throughout the day, set timers for regular breaks away from your desk when working from home. The break will keep you fresh, energised and productive
Tips for a better night's sleep.
- Set regular bed times and wake up times, use bed time and wake up alarms everyday of the week. The routine will encourage better sleep!
- Avoid screen time 1 - 2 hours before bed. Try reading, meditating or yoga to relax instead
- Get outside in the sunlight as soon as possible in the mornings. The sunlight reinforces our natural circadian rhythms - in other words better quality sleep!
- A good night's sleep will aid with weight management and keeping unwanted weight at bay as poor sleep quality can increase your appetite
We're wishing you all health and safety in these uncertain times.